These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Request to delete programmes older than 30 days

user-1209

For the first time since using get_iplayer (some years now) I have started getting reminders that programmes are due for deletion, with the request Yes/No? Why have these suddenly appeared? It's not a problem, since technically they should be deleted according to the DRM, but I am curious.

user-2

get_iplayer has always prompted to purge old files by default, but older Windows installations suppressed it mistakenly. If you want to know how to suppress the prompt, see --nopurge inĀ options list in wiki.

user-1209

Thanks. A useful feature.

user-550

Hi Spurfilm

Were you able to get the prompt suppressed successfuly?

I appear to have the same problem, but the Option file route has no effect.

Neil

user-1209

Yes, the Option File route works fine for me. I suppressed the message. Everything is OK.

I just used.... get_iplayer --prefs-add --nopurge

user-550

Mea culpa. Yes, that works.

That being said, I still can't find anything about the actual format in the options file.

Adding nopurge alone did not work. The result of the command puts in the line "nopurge 1"

If that had been easy to find it online, then I would not have asked for help as it would have been clear.

Neil

user-2

user-747

Hi all, I have never had this in any version of Get Iplayer but today I opened up Get Iplayer and after all the programs loaded in the list at the bottom I got - do you wish to delete yes/no ?

I've not had this before is it new or is something up with my PC?

These forums are archived

See this post for further info