These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Invalid chars error in --command-radio (Windows)

user-1526

I had a go at this, with no success. Not knowing much about command line code, can anyone help?

I found the heading in the Wiki that read "Transcode every radio programme, every time, no matter what, to MP3 format at best variable bit rate (VBR) by setting --command-radio in your default preferences:"

Then I opened get_iplayer and typed the recommended text: 
Code:
get_iplayer --prefs-add --command-radio="ffmpeg -i \""<filename>"\" -c:v copy -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 0 -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -y \""<dir>/<fileprefix>.mp3"\""
It indicated that the preference had been saved and downloaded the file, but, during conversion to mp3,  gives the following error messages:

get_iplayer Output:

[MP3 muxer @ 04b7f2c0] [Eval @ 0303ebec] Invalid chars ''' at the end of expression '3''
[MP3 muxer @ 04b7f2c0] Unable to parse option value "3'"
[MP3 muxer @ 04b7f2c0] Error setting option id3v2_version to value 3'.
And, later on:

get_iplayer Output:

Could not write header for output file #0 (incorrect codec parameters ?): Invalid argument
I have repeated typing in the string of commands very carefully three times, so I am obviously missing something hideously obvious to people who actually know what they are doing.

Any advice?

user-2

It's telling you there is a stray apostrophe. Check your options file (or use --show-prefs) to see if that is true. 

It works fine here. Maybe try copy/paste from wiki page instead of typing.

user-1526

Okay, maybe I broke a forum rule, although I'm not sure what. But my post has been deleted anyway.

If I did do something wrong, I apologise.

But I followed the advice in the Wiki, and the new version of get_iplayer still doesn't convert radio downloads to MP3, so I guess I'll have to convert everything manually with another programme.

user-2

Moved, not deleted

user-1526

(11-02-2017, 12:50 AM)Moved, not deleted
Took a while to find out that it was moved instead of deleted, and Google to figure out where to, but I've finally fixed the problem, and a test download seems to work.

Thanks!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info