These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

"Error opening file for writing" when installing get_iplayer 3.oo on Windows

user-926

"Error opening file for writing"

all the DLLs which go into c:\program files\...

The previous versions all worked. I am the administrator on the PC in question.

Alan

user-926

I tried it on another machine and it installed OK. So, it's my problem, not yours.

Alan

user-527

I have this problem too.  Does it happen if Get_iplayer is running at the time you try to install?

user-1455

I had it too... it didn't actually seem to be writing the files to the drive.

disabling firewall/AV didn't help, running as admin didn't help either - ironically, the only way I could install it was via Revo Uninstaller.

user-1663

I had the same issue when I first tried to install 3.0 but had forgotten to turn of 2.99 which was running in the background. Turning of 2.99 did the trick for me.

user-1455

(01-05-2017, 04:09 PM)I had the same issue when I first tried to install 3.0 but had forgotten to turn of 2.99 which was running in the background. Turning of 2.99 did the trick for me.

I didn't have 2.99 running - haven't ran it since last week when the changes occurred...

having just tried to download a file via the PVR and it's not saving...

Quote:INFO Trying to download PID using type radio
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
27345: The Media Show - Netflix controversy; Line of Duty creator Jed Mercurio, BBC Radio 4, b08n1xzj

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of original version
INFO: dafstd1,dafstd2,dafstd3,dafstd4,hafstd1,hafstd2,hlsaacstd1,dafmed1,dafmed2,dafmed3,dafmed4,hafmed1,hafmed2,daflow1,daflow2,daflow3,daflow4,haflow1,haflow2,hlsaaclow1 modes will be tried for version original
INFO: Trying dafstd1 mode to record radio: The Media Show - Netflix controversy; Line of Duty creator Jed Mercurio
INFO: File name prefix = The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original                

ERROR: Cannot open (write): G:\The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original.audio.m4a

Recording complete

there's plenty of space on G: so this shouldn't be an issue and wasn't with 2.99

if I try to record it manually using pid, it says it's saved but it hasn't...

Quote:C:\Users\Janus>get_iplayer --pid=b08n1xzj --type=radio --modes=radiobetter
get_iplayer 3.00-windows.0, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

NOTE: A UK TV licence is required to legally access BBC iPlayer TV content

INFO Trying to download PID using type radio
Matches:
27345:  The Media Show - Netflix controversy; Line of Duty creator Jed Mercurio, BBC Radio 4, b08n1xzj

INFO: dafstd1,dafstd2,dafstd3,dafstd4,hafstd1,hafstd2,hlsaacstd1,dafmed1,dafmed2,dafmed3,dafmed4,hafmed1,hafmed2,daflow1,daflow2,daflow3,daflow4,haflow1,haflow2,hlsaaclow1 modes will be tried for version original
INFO: Trying dafstd1 mode to record radio: The Media Show - Netflix controversy; Line of Duty creator Jed Mercurio
INFO: File name prefix = The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original       
INFO: Begin recording file: C:\Users\Janus\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original.audio.m4a
INFO: Begin recording at: 0.00 MiB (00:00:00) [1]
INFO: Recorded: 25.82 MiB (00:27:56) [262] in 00:00:09 at 22.95 Mibit/s
INFO: Saved DASH audio file: C:\Users\Janus\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original.dash.m4a
INFO: Begin converting audio file: C:\Users\Janus\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original.dash.m4a
size=   26416kB time=00:27:50.93 bitrate= 129.5kbits/s speed=2.08e+003x
INFO: Converted to file: C:\Users\Janus\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original.partial.m4a
INFO: Recorded file: C:\Users\Janus\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original.m4a

INFO: Begin tagging file: C:\Users\Janus\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original.m4a

Started writing to temp file.
 Progress: ======================> 40% ---------------------------------|
 Finished writing to temp file.
INFO: Tagged file: C:\Users\Janus\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\The_Media_Show_-_Netflix_controversy_Line_of_Duty_creator_Jed_Mercurio_b08n1xzj_original.m4a
same thing happens with Brain of Britain too..

any suggestions on how to fix this? there doesn't seem to be an issue with other programs writing to these drives, and i've tried running GiP and PVR with admin permissions, but it doesn't seem to help...

as a follow-up, just tried to download One Show via PVr and now getting an error message...

Quote:INFO Trying to download PID using type tv
Matches:
7581: The One Show - 28/04/2017, BBC One, b08n7q75

WARNING: Some recording modes were remapped to new values
WARNING: Input mode list remapped from 'tv25fps,radiobetter' to 'tvdefault,radiobetter'
WARNING: Please update your preferences
INFO: hlshd1,hlshd2,hvfxsd1,hvfxsd2,hvfxsd3,hvfxsd4,hvfxsd5,hvfxsd6,hvfxsd7,hvfxsd8,hvfxsd9,dvfxsd1,dvfxsd2,dvfxsd3,dvfxsd4,hlsvhigh1,hlsvhigh2,hvfxhigh1,hvfxhigh2,hvfxhigh3,dvfxhigh1,dvfxhigh2,dvfxhigh3,dvfxhigh4,hvflow1,hvflow2,hvflow3,dvflow1,dvflow2,dvflow3,dvflow4 modes will be tried for version original
INFO: Trying hlshd1 mode to record tv: The One Show - 28/04/2017
INFO: File name prefix = The_One_Show_-_2017-04-28_b08n7q75_original                

INFO: Downloading subtitles to: G:\/The_One_Show_-_2017-04-28_b08n7q75_original.srt
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
error : xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed at C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl line 7429.

Recording complete

These forums are archived

See this post for further info