These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

RE: Refresh Cache not refreshing

user-1728

When I refresh no new programs are listed. I use Windows 10. Is there a way to diagnose the problem? Thanks.

user-2

Read the text at the top of the cache refresh page

user-1728

I read this:

The cache timestamp will be checked every 1 hour(s) if you leave this page open

Unfortuntaely , nothing happens after an hour.

user-2

That's not all it says.

user-1728

I should also have said that I tried:

Code:
get_iplayer --refresh-future --refresh-include="BBC Four,BBC One,BBC One Channel Islands,BBC One HD,BBC One Northern Ireland,BBC Radio 2,BBC Radio 4,BBC Radio 4 Extra,BBC Three,BBC Two,BBC Two Northern Ireland,BBC Two Scotland,BBC Web Only," --refresh

I also omitted the space.

user-1728

...and I've tried the Force Refresh - again no luck.

user-2

So you already refreshed your cache this week. There is probably nothing new to add, forced refresh or not.

user-1728

Perhaps I'm missing the point here. There have been several programmes on BBC Four today, I hit the Refresh Cache button, but the progs were not downloaded. Isn't Refresh Cache supposed to download these progs, or not? Thanks.

user-2

No. That's why the button is labelled "Refresh Cache". If you're trying to say that some programmes are missing from your search results, see the big green banner at the top of the forums home page.

EDIT: you may just need to force a cache refresh

user-1728

Refresh Cache does not do it - no new progs are added. Is the new version stable? Thanks.

user-2

There may be none to add. It depends on your configuration. You could save both of us a hell of a lot of time if you could simply rouse yourself to identify the programmes you can't locate so that I can investigate. I'm not a mind reader.

user-1728

In post #8, for example, I've already mentioned BBC Four progs.

user-2

Enough. I'm closing this thread. If you can't be asked to identify the missing programmes, I can't help you. I recommend you uninstall get_iplayer and wait for the next release. The cache update mechanism is being changed in a way that might make it easier for you to understand. Good luck.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info