indexing and the include exclude option in the options file

user-21

I have set up ( i think) some include and exclude options in the options file

Code:
indexmaxconn 10
type tv,radio
refreshexcludegroupsradio regional,local
refreshexcludegroupstv local,regional
refreshexclude bbcnews,bbcparliament,s4c,cbeebies,bbc world service,BBC Radio 5 live,BBC Asian Network,BBC Radio 1Xtra,BBC Radio 6 Music,BBC Radio 1, bbc alba
refreshinclude Radio 2,Radio 3,Radio 4,BBC 1, BBC One,BBC Two,BBC Four,CBBC,bbcthree
commandradio ffmpeg -i "<filename>" -c:v copy -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 128k -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -y "<dir>/<fileprefix>.mp3" && del "<filename>"
tvmode good
radiomode better
refreshfuture 1
output F:\Media\Television
nopurge 1

but when running the PVR scheduler it appears that channels that are excluded still appear in the TV.cache and radio.cache files

Code:
get_iplayer 3.00-windows.0, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

NOTE: A UK TV licence is required to legally access BBC iPlayer TV content

INFO: Scheduling the PVR to run every 14400 secs
Running PVR Searches:
# a dummy account

INFO: Getting radio Index Feeds (this may take a few minutes)
INFO: Using concurrent indexing
Added: 13264:   BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra's Stories: Music by Numbers - Kings of Leon, b088dhtm

I would have included a longer list but this is the second time I have run the scheduler today.

Also if using the --refresh option from the CLI does it take account of what is in the options file?
as if I do that everything seems to be included

user-2

The options file is obeyed with --refresh, and I can't replicate the problem with Radio 1.

A couple of things:
  • You only need refreshinclude in this case. If you set refreshinclude, it implies an exclusion of anything else.
  • Don't put spaces adjacent to commas in the exclude list. It will break the name matching.

user-21

right I have removed the exclude list and removed the space after the commas
do you mean I should also remove the local,regional options as well

Code:
indexmaxconn 10
type tv,radio
refreshexcludegroupsradio regional,local
refreshexcludegroupstv local,regional
refreshinclude Radio 2,Radio 3,Radio 4,BBC One,BBC Two,BBC Four,CBBC,bbcthree
commandradio ffmpeg -i "<filename>" -c:v copy -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 128k -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -y "<dir>/<fileprefix>.mp3" && del "<filename>"
tvmode good
radiomode better
refreshfuture 1
output F:\Media\Television
nopurge 1

however as you can see from the attached file BBC World Service,BBC Asian Network,BBC Radio 5 live,BBC Radio 6 Music,CBeebies,
programs have also been added along with the ones I have on the include option.

indexed.txt

user-2

No need for group options, but no harm in leaving them in.

user-2

I should point out that you are partially negating the effect of the group exclusions by having generic "BBC One" in --refresh-include. You're indexing all the regional and local variants of BBC One, which you probably don't want. Use "BBC One$" to limit to the national listings. If you don't know why that works, google yourself into the wonderful world of regular expressions.

user-21

(04-05-2017, 09:15 AM)I should point out that you are partially negating the effect of the group exclusions by having generic "BBC One" in --refresh-include. You're indexing all the regional and local variants of BBC One, which you probably don't want. Use "BBC One$" to limit to the national listings. If you don't know why that works, google yourself into the wonderful world of regular expressions.

cheers for that, I will add the $ to bbc one and two and see how it goes tomorrow.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info