These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Need help with pvr Scheduler batch file.

user-1214

i did have pvr Scheduler working for a few years, on Windows 8, following these intructions https://www.beebotron.org/helper_get_iplayer_help.php

but the batch file isn't there anymore to download, the link is broken http://beebotron.org/get_iplayer--pvr.ba...r--pvr.bat

ive tried creating my own batch file but whatever combination i do, from within Task Scheduler i cant get it to run anymore.

if i double click the file within C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer it starts the PVR fine BOTH a batch file and a Windows Command Script file.

with this inside...
@echo off

setlocal
set GIP_INST=%~dp0
if #%GIP_INST:~-1%# == #\# set GIP_INST=%GIP_INST:~0,-1%
"%GIP_INST%\get_iplayer.cmd" --pvrschedule 14400 %*

its saved as "get_iplayer--pvr"but wont run in Task Scheduler.

Do you have the batch file for windows i can download from somewhere please? so i can automate the PVR again please.

user-2

Re-read the beebotron page. It tells you what to put in your batch file, and that is not it. You've just copied a batch file already provided with get_iplayer. That file cannot be used with Task Scheduler.

user-1214

i also copied verbatum from the website such...

cd "C:\Program Files\get_iplayer"

perl.exe get_iplayer.pl --pvr

but still no dice, then i thought because get_iplayer is here C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer

i modified the above to cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer"

perl.exe get_iplayer.pl --pvr

but whatever i do, its not running in task scheduler, like it should, i've been 3 days now without the pvr starting at 1am like it did before.

oh and i named the batch file above get_iplayer--pvr.bat but something is messed up, thats why ive been trying different combinations for the last 4 hours, and turning back to the website instructions again and again

user-2

Did you correct the path in the Task Scheduler as well?

And if you don't clean up your next post, this thread will be closed.

user-1214

Yes the path in the Task Scheduler has been corrected for the new batch file, as per the instructions of the above website.

user-2

Now that I look at it again, that old batch file will never work. The Windows version of get_iplayer is installed a bit differently these days. You can just use the main get_iplayer wrapper script I provide. In the Action part of task definition select "Start a program", then use "C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.cmd" for "Program/script" and --pvr for "Add arguments"

These forums are archived

See this post for further info