These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Download Problems with Older Radio Episodes

user-491

Hi!

I am having problems downloading some of the older episodes of radio programmes. These are the kind that were broadcasted some time ago, but are still available to listen to online, like many episodes of BBC Radio 4 The Report (www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jkr1q).

For example, one episode that I haven't been able to download is this: The Report: The Right to Protest (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k4g57).
I've tried the command
Code:
get_iplayer --type=radio --pid "b00k4g57"
, but keep getting the response
Code:
INFO: Episode-only pid detected
INFO: Trying pid: b00k4g57 using type: radio
INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid not found in radio cache
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: No specified modes (flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashaaclow,wma) a
vailable for this programme with version 'default' (try using --modes=)
ERROR: Failed to record 'The Report - The Right to Protest (b00k4g57)'

I've tried specifying certain modes, but that didn't seem to help and I would get the same response.

The same is happening with this episode: The Report: Cyber Attacks (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jzx30). I am able to download other radio programmes with no problem and I can also download the most recent episodes in the same show using pid.

Apologies in advance if this problem has been talked about elsewhere in the form. I have tried to search for it but I'm not really sure what the nature of the problem is. I am extremely grateful to anybody who might be able to help me.

user-2

Those episodes are not available outside the UK. Only radio programmes in the lowest-quality download format (flashaaclow) are available outside the UK, and archive episodes may not be available in that format. That is the case for those two episodes. More recent episodes may still be available in that format.

user-491

Thanks so much for explaining!

These forums are archived

See this post for further info