These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Missing details in download -> mp3

user-658

I have been using v2.91 for ages and have batch files that run to search for particular strings in program titles and then to download the ones I want. A couple of days ago I went through my usual weekly "trawl" and found that things had changed and nothing would download. I therefore installed v3.01. My download mechanism had been to use the PID and to convert the file to MP3 using the following batch file:

perl get_iplayer.pl --type=radio --pid=%1 --get --force --aactomp3 --subdir --subdir-format "<longname>" --file-prefix "<title>" --fatfilename --whitespace --isodate

Now several parameters are invalid and conversion to MP3 is more difficult. I followed the instructions as best I could and was able to produce an MP3 file. However, there were no program details and I can't find a way of getting them (Looking at file details in Windows and also MP3Tag). I generated a preset called "aactomp3" as follows:

commandradio ffmpeg -i "<filename>" -c:v copy -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 320k -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -y "<dir>/<fileprefix>.mp3" && del "<filename>" (I tried with 128k as well)

My download command is:

perl get_iplayer.pl --type=radio --pid=b016z6pf --get --force --subdir --subdir-format "<longname>" --file-prefix "<title>" --whitespace --preset=aactomp3

I am no expert on audio formats or conversions, etc. I have got as far as I had with the previous version by much trial & error, so any help would be appreciated.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info