These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

I didn't read the installation instructions, so I didn't know to install XML::LibXML

user-1813

Check the release notes about version of Perl over 5.17, I think it was.  Also, there is a missing dependency in the LIBXML perl package for this release.  If you read the dependency list and hunt, you'll learn to "sudo apt-get install libxml-perl"...but you will STILL have an unmet dependency on line seven thousand and something (sorry, don't have the output anymore).

You have to also execute "sudo apt-get install libxml-libxml-perl" for it to work.  Isn't that obvious?  Not a word about it anywhere, so I hope this helps someone.

You know this, "works on my machine!  Not my problem..." mentality is getting as bad as what you get from Microshaft.  Of course we say it nicer, "YMMV".  Means the same thing though.  Hey, it there's variance then there are variables that haven't been pinned down and that is the developers' problem, not the users'.

user-2

(12-05-2017, 05:24 PM)You have to also execute "sudo apt-get install libxml-libxml-perl" for it to work.  Isn't that obvious?  Not a word about it anywhere, so I hope this helps someone.
Jesus wept. I hate to spoil your eureka moment (not really), but everyone else already knows to install that package - because they read the installation doc. It's that thing helpfully linked earlier in the thread, among other places. It's that thing that contains the list of modules and packages you need to install. Next time someone tells you where to look for installation instructions, read them - and spare the rest of us your misplaced moaning.

Thread closed. Cobblers limit reached.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info