These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Download Whole Series

user-1841

Hi All,

sorry if this has already been asked and answered but i haven't found it.

Can anyone tell me, is there a way to download all items of a series? Say something like glastonbury where there are many many episodes?

thanks

asithappens

user-1349

Just use the Web pvr and click add series against a programme.

user-1841

hey, thanks.

i've not been able to get that to work.

do you know the command i would use to run that? also to confirm its stuff already on iplayer that i'm after and not future recordings.

thanks

user-933

Try --pid-recursive --pid b007r6vx
It says there are 144 episodes available.

user-1841

(01-07-2017, 01:15 PM)Try --pid-recursive --pid b007r6vx
It says there are 144 episodes available.

cheers for your help, i must be doing something wrong as it's still not downloading anything.

user-933

I don't know what is going wrong then, seems to work OK here from the command line.
get_iplayer --pid-recursive --pid b007r6vx
I don't want loads of episodes of Glastonbury, so I stopped it while it was downloading the first one.

user-1841

(01-07-2017, 11:51 PM)I don't know what is going wrong then, seems to work OK here from the command line.
get_iplayer --pid-recursive --pid b007r6vx
I don't want loads of episodes of Glastonbury, so I stopped it while it was downloading the first one.

My results [Image: https://ibb.co/nd6HNv] https://ibb.co/nd6HNv

user-933

I see that you are still on version 2.97. That almost certainly is your problem. 3.01 is the latest.

user-1841

(02-07-2017, 12:20 AM)I see that you are still on version 2.97. That almost certainly is your problem. 3.01 is the latest.

yeh, that was it, thank you

user-1841

hey, does this version of get_iplayer use a different codex?
i've noticed that the hd videos are around half the size i would expect.

user-933

I think there have been changes to the default recording modes. I lost track of it all. Check back through the release notes and the recording quality section of the documentation. Maybe you are now recording at 25fps rather than 50?

user-1841

(02-07-2017, 10:11 AM)I think there have been changes to the default recording modes. I lost track of it all. Check back through the release notes and the recording quality section of the documentation. Maybe you are now recording at 25fps rather than 50?

thank you

user-1547

the way I would do it would be

get_iplayer glastonbury --get

These forums are archived

See this post for further info