These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Can I have an example of a PVR pid-recursive search

user-1135

I would like to create a saved PVR pid-recursive search (after seeing a recent topic)

I've tried a number of different sytax, including:
Code:
get_iplayer --pid=b0909rxg --pid-recursive
and
Code:
fields pid
subtitles 0
thumb 0
type tv
search0 --pid=b093ypxy --pid-recursive

neither of which seem to work

Could someone give me an example of a search I can save as a file to be used by the PVR?

regards

Roga

user-1350

This works for me:

Code:
jason@dino:~$ cat .get_iplayer/pvr/MarpleRadio
pid b03p87br
pidrecursive 1
type radio

Code:
jason@dino:~$ get-iplayer --pvrsingle MarpleRadio
get_iplayer 3.02-1-ge2c5943-ppa30c, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
 This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
 conditions; use --conditions for details.

Running PVR Searches:
-==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==-
INFO: PVR Run: 'MarpleRadio'
-==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==-
INFO: radio series or brand PID detected (b03p87br)
INFO: BBC Radio 4 Extra - Miss Marple - Available now
INFO: Page 1 of 1
INFO:     The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side (b007jvh5)
INFO:     The Body in the Library (b007jvht)
INFO: Trying to download PID: b007jvh5 using type: radio
INFO: PID found in cache: b007jvh5
Matches:
20032:  Miss Marple - The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side, BBC Radio 4 Extra, b007jvh5, added 1 days 5 hours ago, expires in 28 days 17 hours - Lines from a Tennyson poem give Miss Marple a vital clue to a tragic murder.
INFO: 1 matching programmes
INFO: Miss Marple - The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side (b007jvh5) Already in history (/mnt/3tb_0/jason_home/.get_iplayer/download_history) - use --force to override
INFO: Trying to download PID: b007jvht using type: radio
INFO: PID found in cache: b007jvht
Matches:
20033:  Miss Marple - The Body in the Library, BBC Radio 4 Extra, b007jvht, added 8 days 5 hours ago, expires in 21 days 17 hours - The spinster sleuth sets out to discover who murdered a mystery blonde.
INFO: 1 matching programmes
INFO: Miss Marple - The Body in the Library (b007jvht) Already in history (/mnt/3tb_0/jason_home/.get_iplayer/download_history) - use --force to override

user-2

A PVR search with --pid-recursive is very, very rarely useful. It is really only appropriate for timed-release series not broadcast on linear services (e.g., a few BBC Three series) or programmes anthologised under a different title, like the Comedy of the Week podcast referenced in that other thread ( though for podcasts you should just use a podcast client and not jump through get_iplayer's hoops). Your example is definitely not one of those, so you'll be wasting your time. Just search for "Midnight's Children".

(11-09-2017, 09:20 AM)I would like to create a saved PVR pid-recursive search (after seeing a
Code:
get_iplayer --pid=b0909rxg --pid-recursive
That's a recursive download, but you have omitted the options necessary to save it as a PVR search . See the documentation and guides.
(11-09-2017, 09:20 AM)
Code:
search0 --pid=b093ypxy --pid-recursive
You've entered command options as search terms. Surely you wouldn't expect that to work, particularly since you're trying to perform an operation that shouldn't have search terms. Don't edit configuration files directly until you understand the syntax. Again, see the documentation, or better yet, let the command line do the work for you.

user-1135

Quote:but you have omitted the options necessary to save it as a PVR search . See the documentation and guides.

I have tried to read those, and your previous reply regarding a saving a pid as a search, which is kind of why I asked here. I have had another look at pvr documentation but I couldn't see a clear example.

After a bit of messing about I found that

Code:
get_iplayer --pvr-add _strike3_tv --pid=b093ypxy --pid-recursive

from the command line did what I wanted which resulted in this saved text search:
Code:
pid b093ypxy
pidrecursive 1

Quote:A PVR search with --pid-recursive is very, very rarely useful.

Well in this case it is, it is for set of programs with different titles for Strike from bbc2 TV which I don't think would be caught by the usual title search
regards

Roga

user-2

(11-09-2017, 11:24 AM)I have had another look at pvr documentation but I couldn't see a clear example.
It's a wiki, so feel free to add an example specific to your use.
(11-09-2017, 11:24 AM)After a bit of messing about I found that
Code:
get_iplayer --pvr-add _strike3_tv --pid=b093ypxy --pid-recursive
No messing about required. All PVR searches are created from the command line the same way, with --pvr-add or --pvr-queue, as shown in the documentation. If for some reason you assumed there was something different about using --pid and --pid-recursive, that isn't the case, as you've demonstrated.
(11-09-2017, 11:24 AM)Well in this case it is, it is for set of programs with different titles for Strike from bbc2 TV which I don't think would be caught by the usual title search
You could handle Strike by searching on the programme name, but it also would qualify as an anthology series, so a candidate for --pid-recursive.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info