These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Windows 8.1 V3.01 and now V3.04- Malformed UTF-8 character

user-1934

Suddenly getting the below error message when running PVR right after the INFO line showing the first PVR search.

Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected end of string) in split at C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl line 1403, line 185.
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected end of string) in split at C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl line 1403, line 190.
Malformed UTF-8 character (fatal) at C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl line 1393, line 192.

Literally started happening when I clicked Run PVR about 10 minutes after clicking Run PVR that succesfully ran with no errors (no downloads either as nothing new to download)

This initially started on a Windows XP install of V3.01, updated to V3.04 and continued, now installed on Windows 8.1 machine and still happening.

What I have found is that I removed the very first search in my PVR list it now gets to about the 5th search before I get the error message.

Any ideas ?

user-2

Delete your cache files and rebuild them --cache-rebuild. Alternatively, try to edit them to remove the bad characters. The second line number in each error message tells you where to look, but there could be many more.

user-1934

Fingers crossed that seems to have worked - will see when the PVR has finished.

When I tried this previously I now realise I only rebuilt the cache from the command line but without deleting the old cache files first - seems that it left the radio cache untouched. deleting all then rebuilding seems to have worked.

Thank you.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info