These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

How do I configure get_iplayer to download 50fps streams by default?

user-1947

Is it possible to make sure that my downloads are 720p 50fps (basically hvfhd unless someone can enlighten me to another alternative that fits both of those), by default without having to set it up every single time? Would be especially good if I can make my Web PVR manager default to that stream

user-30

This command:

Code:
get_iplayer --prefs-add --fps50 --modes=tvbest

...will do the trick for you. Simply use that command to save those options 'permanently' (you can change/delete later if needed) and it'll also mean the WebPVR will use the same settings.

You'll then get the best possible quality stream with 50fps if that's available. And if it's not, it'll cascade down through the next best options for you automatically meaning you'll always get the best quality available, even if that means not 720p/50fps streams in cases when those particular ones are not an option.

user-570

Is there some way to specify 25/50fps by program in the PVR list? ... by editing the program's file in the PVR folder, for instance?

user-2

You can do exactly that.

user-570

Any chance of a clue?

This 70 year old brain struggles!

Thanks!

user-2

Make a dummy pvr search with the options you want and use it as a guide. Delete when done.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info