These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps: only audiodescribed version available

user-926

I'm trying to download a program. It plays OK in iPlayer, but the get_iplayer tells me:

INFO: No versions of this programme were selected (available versions: audiodescribed)

What do I need to change to make this work?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0...irty-girls

Thanks for any help

Alan

user-2

This is a case where the programme data used by get_iplayer doesn't match the iPlayer site. It can happen when old programmes are resurrected. Just download the "audiodescribed" version as indicated. I'm fairly sure it won't actually have audio description on it.

user-926

Thanks - problem solved.

Alan

user-547

I searched Iplayer but there is no audiodescribed version of 2 pints of lager. Is there not another solution?
/iplayer/categories/audio-described/a-z?page=6

user-926

Yes there is - I managed to download the ones I wanted using the Windows PVR and putting "audiodescribed" into the Programme Version opion

Alan

user-2184

The Version types used across all the Episodes are as follows:

'audiodescribed'
'audiodescribed2'
'editorial'
'editorial2'
'iplayer'
'original'
'other'

Run the following commands: [It is all one line, wrapping is forced by forum message width :)]
(Works with win7 & win 10, Does NOT need Powershell. All the quotes means it will work in batch files)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.cmd" "--test" "--force" "--verbose" "--version=*" "--pid=b006m8nj" "--pid-recursive" "--tvmode=tvbest" | findstr "/B" "/C:INFO: Getting stream data for version:" > VersionTypeList.txt

Equivalent to grepping out all lines starting with "/C:INFO: Getting stream data for version:"

If the output or 'VersionTypeList.txt' is sorted for unique term you get the list above. [pipe to 'sort -u' or 'uniq']
You can change PID to the match any other Programme/Series etc

Tip:
If you install Git from ---> 'Git for Windows' you get a whole raft of unix tools that are usable in the Windows command shell ....... and you get git, if you need it !!! ;)
[A lot easier than installing cygwin from scratch when your *nix skills are well out of date :) ]

user-2

For everyone else: There is no need to go to such lengths. There are very few cases where you would need to know all the different versions on offer, and this isn't one. For cases like this where some programme versions are mislabelled, you just need to allow the "audiodescribed" version (which doesn't really have audio description) as a fallback with --versions=default,audiodescribed. If you don't know how that works, see the documentation.

user-2184

(18-06-2018, 10:25 PM)For everyone else: There is no need to go to such lengths. There are very few cases where you would need to know all the different versions on offer, and this isn't one. For cases like this where some programme versions are mislabelled, you just need to allow the "audiodescribed" version (which doesn't really have audio description) as a fallback with --versions=default,audiodescribed. If you don't know how that works, see the documentation.

Sorry to say this was one !

I needed to go through this 'pain' because episodes were missing and I had added 'audiodescribed' as you have stated.
Is there a wildcard you can use like '--versions=*' that downloads the best it can find ?

I have downloaded for this series 'all' the versions apart from the ones ending in '2'.

user-2

I don't know what you mean by "missing". get_iplayer can download every Two Pints episode available via iPlayer using --versions as I instructed. If you have trouble downloading a different episode than the OP, open your own thread and follow our instructions to provide a proper report so we can see what is happening on your system. This thread is now closed.

user-2105

I able unable to download The Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps Box Set off the iplayer to watch at a later date.
Any ideas please on how I can download this, or is this a problem with all their box sets?

Many thanks

Thememaster501

This was the first one I tried to download.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0...met-johnny

These forums are archived

See this post for further info