These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Manual install failing - what am I doing wrong?

user-674

I'm a get_iplayer_automator refugee and I'm finding Squarepenguins guides invaluable as I try to get up and running with get_iplayer via the CLI. I'm trying to install the latest version on a mac running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and when I attempt the initial run iplayer fails with the following error report:

"default" is not defined in %Encode::EXPORT_TAGS at ./get_iplayer line 77
main::BEGIN() called at /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Encode.pm line 77
eval {...} called at /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Encode.pm line 77
Can't continue after import errors at ./get_iplayer line 77
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./get_iplayer line 77.

Is there a step between granting get_iplayer permissions and the initial run where I should be setting up that default EXPORT_TAGS?

Any hints / nudges / suggestions would be most appreciated, thank you.

user-30

get_iplayer is broken with versions of PERL less than 5.10.0 as per the release notes for get_iplayer v2.87.

You can read more about this issue on the mailing list here.

get_iplayer 2.89 is due for release tonight and includes a fix for this issue. Check back through the day tomorrow for updates.

user-674

That's tremendous news; thanks for the very prompt reply SP! Using the info from the mailing list link I was able to apply that capitalisation change to the 'default' on line 77 and get v2.87 up onto its feet to take some baby steps. After that, updating to v.2.90 now seems a lot less daunting. Thanks again for the guides you've put together and your response here.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info