These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Multiple Urls

user-259

Is it possible to download multiple urls with get_iplayer? I've tried a few commands and it ignores them or fails. It appears the PIDS are not in the addresses I'm trying to download so couldn't use the multiple method others talk about.

When doing one by one I use the 'get_iplayer *URL*' method.

The links are short classic F1 clips so there are quite a lot of them around. Downloading one at a time could take a long time.
Example:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorspo...970518.stm

I don't mind using a different platform to do this, currently using the Windows version of get_iplayer as it was most convenient at the time.

Any ideas are most appreciated.

user-2

Quote:Quote:Is it possible to download multiple urls with get_iplayer?

Unfortunately, no. When get_iplayer sees a bare URL as the first search term, it tries to download that single clip and then exits, similar to the way
Code:
--pid
works. I think the simplest approach for you would be to assemble a list of one-off pvr jobs. For each clip, run:

Code:
get_iplayer --pvr-queue --type=tv --url=<URL>

to add a job to the pvr list. You have to copy each URL individually anyway, so it won't eat up much more time than assembling a command line with multiple URLs (if that option were available). Once you've queued up all the clips you want, run:

Code:
get_iplayer --pvr

and they should all be downloaded in one go.

And of course, you could also assemble a batch file with one get_iplayer command for each clip. Again, that wouldn't take much longer than assembling a command line with multiple URLs.

user-259

Thanks for this, worked a treat. I created what would be a batch file with the commands you said, then had to copy and paste contents into the Get_iplayer prompt.

It occasionally comes up with a windows runtime box that has crashed or comes up with errors, presumably problems with the content. Is there a command to ignore errors so it will just continue?

user-259

It's the rtmpdump.exe that says it stops working...clicking ok continues it. But if you have left it running overnight, it pauses everything until you click ok, so its just that it holds everything up a bit.

user-2

If rtmpdump is randomly crashing, we probably can't provide much help. The problem will be unique to your system. However, feel free to post a screenshot of the error dialog if it contains anything intelligible.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info